Chocolate Cherry Red Wine Ice Pops Recipe Is How to Celebrate Life by Chef Gigi
Who says ice pops are just for kids? Combine red wine, dark chocolate and cherries, and you'll have the adults standing in line for these babies.
Prep Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours and 10 minutes
- 1 cup Thomas Fogarty Cabernet (or your favorite Cabernet)
- 1 bar 70% or higher good-quality dark chocolate, chipped into small chunks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cherries, deseeded and smashed
Here's how to make it:
- In a saucepan, heat the sugar and the wine on medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves and the mixture just begins to simmer.
- Add the cherries and allow to cook for about 3 to 5 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Process everything except the chocolate in a food processor or standing blender until smooth.
- Return to the saucepan and stir in chocolate to melt and combine. Cool.
- Pour the mixture into molds and freeze for about 1 1/2 hours, then insert wooden sticks. Allow to freeze until solid an additional 3 to 4 hours. To remove from molds, run warm water over the molds to help release the ice pops.
- Freeze in a shallow glass casserole pan stirring a few times during the freeze time. Serve by scooping into bowls! If you are feeling really stressed, just eat it out of the container with a giant spoon!
- Dip the frozen ice pops into melted chocolate. Dip in chopped nuts, coconut or chopped cherries, if desired. Freeze until chocolate hardens.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Dark Chocolate $6 & Up
White Sugar $3 & Up
Wooden Craft Sticks $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.