Refreshing Magic Lemon Cake Recipe: Only 5 Simple Ingredients by Donna John
My Meyer lemon tree produced a bumper crop last year. Unfortunately, we were out of town for two weeks, so the harvest had to happen all at once. That is a lot of lemons. After buying a juicer and freezing a lot of the juice in ice cube trays, I still found myself overloaded with lemons, which got me searching for new lemon recipes.
So a little magic happened, and it came in the form of this magic lemon cake. This easy magic lemon cake recipe is creamy and refreshing, and it makes the perfect dessert. The lemony cake is so easy to make. Here is your shopping list: self-rising flour, granulated sugar, lemons, milk and butter.
Serve this moist, soft, sweet, tart lemon cake for dessert. It's delicious with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 37 minutes
Total Time: 42 minutes
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup milk or almond milk, warm
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup water (hot or boiling water, not cold)
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- The cake batter is going to look very watery before you bake it. It's supposed to.
- Squeeze your own fresh lemon juice. Fresh is best!
- If you have room, plant a Meyer lemon tree in your yard or grow a lemon tree indoors. They are easy to care for and produce lots of big, juicy lemons.
Here's how to make it:
- Put the milk and butter into a microwave-safe measuring cup and heat until butter melts, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour into a bowl and add the remaining cake ingredients. Stir until combined and spread onto the bottom of a 2-quart baking dish.
- Combine the sauce ingredients. Pour over the cake batter. Do not stir. At this point it's going to look very watery. It's OK!
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit about 10 minutes so sauce can thicken up. Serve as is or with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.