Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe With Toasted Marshmallows: A Thanksgiving Classic by 30Seconds Food
If you don't like marshmallows on your sweet potato casserole, omit them. Or, you could use pecans instead. Some people even use marshmallow crème. No joke!
Prep Time:5 minutes
Cook Time: 40 to 45 minutes
Total Time: 45 to 50 minutes
- 2 1/2 – 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
Here’s how to make it:
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain well.
- Put potatoes, brown sugar, butter, salt, cinnamon, if using, and vanilla in a bowl. Mash. Pour into a lightly greased baking dish. Top with marshmallows.
- Bake in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 25 minutes, or until marshmallows begin to brown.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Dishes $8 & Up
Mini Marshmallows $1 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Cinnamon $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.