Incredible Hungarian Goulash Recipe: All the Comfort Food Feels by 30Seconds Food
Goulash is a rich meat stew recipe seasoned with paprika that originated in Hungary. This easy comfort food recipe is filling and gives you all those comforting feels. The incredible Hungarian goulash recipe is simple to make and is sure to fill up anyone lucky enough to sit down to a plate of it.
Here's your shopping list for this Hungarian goulash recipe: beef stew meat, onions, Hungarian paprika, tomato paste, garlic and fresh parsley for garnish. The onions and beef stew meat are seasoned with salt, pepper and Hungarian paprika before being browned in a soup pot. The remaining ingredients are added and it is simmered gently for about two hours.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (divided)
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- chopped parsley, for garnish
- Soup Pot
- Cutting Board
- Chef Knife
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Soup Bowls
- Salt and Pepper
- Mixing Bowl
- Dutch Oven
- Store the goulash in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat it on the stove over low heat or in the microwave.
- For a richer goulash, you could use chicken or beef broth instead of water.
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Combine the paprika mixture and beef. Mix well. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the same Dutch oven and cook beef until browned on all sides.
- Add the onions, tomato paste, water and garlic. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook on low heat, covered, about 2 hours. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve over noodles, potatoes or rice.
Nutrition Facts Per Serving
Total Fat: 21.4g
Saturated Fat: 6.7g
Total Carbohydrate: 10.7g
Dietary Fiber: 2.9g
Total Sugars: 5.3g
Vitamin D: 0mcg
Recipe cooking times, nutritional information and servings are approximate and provided for your convenience. However, 30Seconds is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe, nor may you have the same results because of variations in ingredients, temperatures, altitude, errors, omissions or cooking/baking abilities. This recipe has been analyzed by VeryWellFit. However, any nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and it is up to the individual to ascertain accuracy. To ensure image quality, we may occasionally use stock photography.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.