Incredible Hungarian Goulash Recipe: All the Comfort Food Feels by 30Seconds Food
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours and 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours and 20 minutes
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil (or your favorite cooking oil), divided
- 3 pounds beef stew meat
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- chopped parsley, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Combine the paprika, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook until soft. Remove and set aside.
- Combine the paprika mixture and beef. Mix well. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil to the same Dutch oven and cook beef until browned on all sides.
- Add the onions, tomato paste, water and garlic. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat and cook on low heat, covered, about 2 hours. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve over noodles, potatoes or rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Real Stew: 300 Recipes for Authentic Home-Cooked Cassoulet, Gumbo, Chili, Curry, Minestrone, Bouillabaise, Stroganoff, Goulash, Chowder and Much More $21
Hungarian Paprika $5 & Up
Tomato Paste $1 & Up
Dutch Ovens $10 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.