Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe: The Softest, Chewiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe You'll Ever Make by Donna John
One of the writers way back in my iParenting days gave me this recipe for her soft chocolate chip cookies. She told me this chocolate chip cookie recipe was the best she's ever made. CJ Johnson, you may be right.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen cookies
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Here's how to make them:
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl.
- Beat shortening, sugars and vanilla in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheets (be generous with the dough to guarantee cookies are soft after baking). Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 10 minutes. Remove cookies when the tips are slightly browned. Do not over bake.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Semisweet Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Milk Chocolate Chips $3 & Up
Butter-flavored Shortening $4 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.