Fluffy Cloud Eggs Recipe: This Orsini Eggs Recipe Is So Easy to Make by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Don't be intimidated by this egg recipe! Egg clouds are simple to make and require minimal ingredients. Once you make your first, it'll be a staple in your house.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 16 minutes
- 4 large eggs
- pink Himalayan salt or kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives, for garnish
Here’s how to make it:
- Separate egg whites and egg yolks, placing the egg whites in a large bowl and the yolks in a small bowl. Set yolks aside. Season the egg whites with salt and pepper.
- Using a whisk or a hand mixer, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold in Parmesan and chives.
- Create four mounds of egg whites on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Indent the centers of each to look like nests. Bake in a preheated 450-degree F oven until slightly golden, about 3 minutes.
- After 3 minutes and whites are sturdy, carefully add an egg yolk to the center of each egg white cloud.
- Season yolk with salt and pepper. Bake until the yolks are just set, about 3 additional minutes.
Variations: Add chopped cooked pancetta, crumbled bacon, diced ham, small chipped red bell peppers, scallions or any of your favorite breakfast foods to the egg whites after they have stiff peaks. Be extra careful not to deflate the whites when folding in.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
The Egg Cookbook $13
Pink Himalayan Salt $4 & Up
Kosher Salt $2 & Up
Black Pepper $3 & Up
Parchment Paper $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.