Easy Cherry Vinaigrette Recipe: This Cherry Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe Is the Ultimate Summer Sauce by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
This sweet-yet-tart cherry vinaigrette salad dressing recipe is so delicious on crisp summer salads and spectacular with grilled foods. This salad dressing thickens over time, so add a touch of warm water to reconstitute. This delicious summer sauce keeps up to a week refrigerated in an air-tight container. Enjoy the ultimate flavor of summer, cherries, in a refreshing new way!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 4 to 6
- 1 cup dark red ripe cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoons local organic honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup aged balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, peeled and rough chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and root trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- scant cinnamon (optional)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Here’s how to make it:
- Add cherries, honey, lemon juice, vinegar, shallot and garlic to blender. Process until smooth.
- With motor running, gradually add oil until it emulsifies. Season with salt and pepper.