Savory Honey Muffins Recipe: Gruyere, Chives & Honey Muffins are a Sunny Start to the Day by Tina Haupert
Want to kick off the day on a sunny note? These savory honey muffins are calling your name! This delicious honey muffins recipe features Gruyere cheese and chives for an unexpected rich flavor.
Prepare a batch ahead of time, store in an airtight container and simply grab and go in the morning for breakfast. These muffins also can contribute to a delicious brunch, or make a delicious snack. You'll be so glad you made them!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup low-fat milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped chives
- 3/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top of muffins
Here's how to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line eight cups of a muffin tin with paper liners (or coat with non-stick cooking spray).
- Whisk together the milk, butter, eggs and honey in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, chives and cheese, setting aside 1/4 cup of Gruyere for sprinkling on top of muffins.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups, filling them three-quarters full. Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes, until golden on top and remove from oven. Sprinkle remaining Gruyere cheese over tops.
- Turn oven to broil and broil muffins for another 2-3 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
Nutrition Information (per muffin): Calories: 252, Fat total: 12 g, Carbohydrates: 28 g, Cholesterol: 78 mg, Sodium: 332 mg, Protein: 9 g, Dietary Fiber: 1 g, Calories from fat: 42%
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.