Hail, Caesar! How to Make an Easy Caesar Salad (No Eggs)! by Donna John
Authentic Caesar salad dressing contains raw eggs and fresh anchovies that have been ground into a paste. This is a recipe a friend gave me over 30 years ago, and it doesn't call for egg and you use anchovy paste, which comes in a tube and is very simple to use. And take the small amount of time it takes to make homemade croutons. They make all the difference!
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- romaine lettuce
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- croutons (homemade preferred or store bought)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine the garlic, anchovy paste, pepper, olive oil, lemon juice, chicken broth/water and Dijon mustard in a bowl.
- Put the romaine lettuce and Parmesan in a large salad bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Top with croutons. Serve.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.