Bacon Maple Butter Recipe: A Chef Shares Her Indulgent 4-Ingredient Sweet Bacon Butter Recipe by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Bacon maple butter is delicious on just about anything, from biscuits to chicken to a good grilled steak. (Insert big, happy sigh.)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1/2 pound unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 4 strips bacon, cooked crisp
- 1 tablespoon reserved bacon fat (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups maple syrup
Here’s how to make it:
- Add the maple syrup and cook without stirring on medium heat until syrup reaches 235 degrees F, about 8 to 10 minutes. (When the syrup begins to boil gently, tilt the pan so the syrup covers the thermometer bulb to get an accurate reading.)
- Remove the syrup from heat and add the frozen butter one to two pieces at a time. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until all butter is incorporated.
- Add the bacon fat, if using.
- Pour the syrup into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until light in color, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Gently crumble the cooked bacon and fold in. Pour the maple butter into clean mason jars. Allow to cool. The bacon-maple butter can be stored up to two weeks in the fridge or 6 months in the freezer.
Variation: Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and for a spicy finish, add 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Or both! You decide.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Candy Thermometers $7 & Up
Stand Mixers $40 & Up
Mason Jars $5 & Up
Wooden Spoons $5 & Up
Maple Syrup $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.