Homemade Vanilla Pudding: Get Back to the Basics With This Easy Recipe! by Donna John
a year ago
Often, we search for that elaborate dessert to get oohhs and aahhhs. But sometimes it's the simplest things in life that we enjoy the most. Like vanilla pudding.
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- dash of salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon butter
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a bowl.
- Heat the milk in a heavy sauce pot until the edges just begin to bubble.
- Pour the sugar mixture into the milk and stir to dissolve.
- Cook until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not let it come to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.