Cheesy Broccoli & Chicken Casserole Recipe Will Be Your New Fave by Donna John
Tender chicken and broccoli blanketed in a lemony sauce and topped with three different cheeses is what to make for dinner. This easy chicken and broccoli casserole recipe will please even the pickiest eaters.
Not a fan of broccoli? You could substitute cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus, green beans or even fennel. Why not? Make this easy recipe your own.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 27 minutes
Total Time: 32 minutes
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cooked until almost tender
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 - 3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
Here's how to make it:
- Arrange the broccoli in the bottom of a rectangular casserole dish.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan. Whisk in the flour and cook 1 minute. Add the milk and lemon. Cook, stirring, until bubbly. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour half of the sauce over the broccoli. Sprinkle with half of the cheddar and Parmesan.
- Spread the chicken over the cheese. Top with the Swiss cheese.
- Pour remaining sauce over the top and sprinkle with the remaining cheddar and Parmesan.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Rectangle Baking Dishes $9 & Up
Whisks $5 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.