3-Ingredient Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe Is Almost Too Good to Be True by Donna John
What's better than butter melting into a piping hot, fresh-out-of-the-oven biscuit? Not much. And this quick and easy buttermilk biscuit recipe is so easy, it's almost too good to be true.
The light, tender biscuits have just three simple ingredients: self-rising flour, vegetable shortening and buttermilk. Nothing more. Be sure to use self-rising flour, not regular all-purpose flour, for this recipe. Also be sure not to overmix the dough for the most tender biscuits. Serve these biscuits hot out of the oven with jelly, jam, honey, maple syrup or just butter for breakfast or brunch.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 22 minutes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
Here's how you make it:
- Measure the flour into a large bowl. Add shortening and cut in with a pastry blender or two forks.
- Pour in buttermilk and stir to gently combine. Do not over mix!
- Put the dough onto a floured work surface. Pat into a 1/2-inch disc. Cut biscuits out using a biscuit cutter or round, drinking glass.
- Place biscuits onto a baking sheet that’s been coated lightly with nonstick cooking spray, or you can use a cast iron skillet. Leave about 1 inch between each biscuit.
- Bake in a preheated 475-degree oven for about 10 to 12 minutes.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Self-Rising Flour $3 & Up
Vegetable Shortening $3 & Up
Nonstick Cooking Spray $3 & Up
Biscuit Cutters $4 & Up
Pastry Blender $5 & Up
Cast Iron Skillets $12 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Thanks for letting me share.