Candied Orange Peel Day: How to Make Candied Orange Peel for Sweet Snacking by Donna John
Candied orange peel makes a great snack or can be used in all sorts of recipes. Fold them into muffin or quick bread batter, sprinkle them over ice cream, use as a garnish for your favorite cocktail or dip them into dark chocolate for a surprisingly delicious treat with a glass of wine.
- 2 large oranges
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Here’s how you make them:
- Wash the oranges, slice off the ends and then carefully cut the peel off, keeping as much as the pith as you can (white stringy part). Cut the peel into strips.
- Add the peels to a pot of boiling water. Cook about 5 minutes. Drain.
- In a sauce pot, combine the 1 cup of water and sugar. Heat to a boil and then add the orange peels. Reduce heat and allow it to simmer about 25 minutes, or until syrup thickens.
- Remove the peels from the syrup and cool on a wire rack. Allow the peels to dry about 2 hours.
- Dip the dried peels in additional sugar.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.