Easy Black Forest Cupcakes Recipe Is a Simpler Version of Germany's Chocolate & Cherry Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte by Donna John
Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte, or black forest cake, is a mouth-watering German dessert. If making a black forest cake seems daunting, have we got an easy alternative!
Instead of making a whole black forest cake, try these easy German black forest cake cupcakes. With only three primary ingredients, and two additional optional add-ons, you can make a simplified version of this classic German chocolate dessert recipe in only about 30 minutes.
During cherry season, fresh sweet cherries would be right at home on top of one of these cupcakes. These beautiful cupcakes also make a statement on a holiday dessert tray!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: Makes about 2 dozen
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix (plus the ingredients to make it)
- 1 can cherry pie filling
- 1 large tub non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream
- chocolate bar, for garnish (optional)
- fresh cherries or maraschino cherries, for garnish (optional)
Here’s how to make them:
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Place cupcake liners into a cupcake pan and fill each 3/4 full with batter. Bake according to package directions. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- With a small knife, cut the center out of each cupcake and fill with the cherry pie filling. Replace the part you cut out, or reserve for another use (crumble over vanilla ice cream!).
- Frost cupcakes with the non-dairy whipped topping or homemade whipped cream.
- Grate the chocolate bar over each cupcake, if desired, and top with a cherry (pie filling, fresh cherries, if in season, or a maraschino cherry). Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Devil's Food Cake Mix $1 & Up
Cherry Pie Filling $3 & Up
Cupcake Pans $9 & Up
Cupcake Liners $4 & Up
Maraschino Cherries $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
I named it German Black Forest Oreo eggless cake.
Its tested awesome. you can also try it at your home.