Vegan, Dairy-free & Gluten-free Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe: A Guilt-free Dessert Recipe by Ashlee Smith
It’s so easy to make your favorite recipes vegan, cruelty free, gluten free and guilt free. Here’s my take on contributor Donna John’s chocolate banana bread recipe. (Get the original recipe for chocolate banana bread.)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour (loaf) or 12 to 15 minutes (muffins)
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes or 22 to 25 minutes
- 1 cup gluten-free flour (I used gluten-free, whole-wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 - 4 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg replacer (I used The Neat Egg, which is made of ground chickpeas and chia seeds)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup dairy-free chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life vegan chocolate chips)
Here's how to make it:
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, add mashed banana, applesauce, oil, brown sugar, egg replacer, vanilla and 3/4 cup of the chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan or muffin tins. Top with remaining 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- If making a loaf, bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour, or until toothpick comes out clean. Do not over bake! Cool about 10 minutes then remove from pan. If making muffins, bake for 12 to 15 minutes.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Whole Wheat Gluten-free Flour $4 & Up
Coconut Oil $5 & Up
The Neat Egg $8
Enjoy Life Vegan Chocolate Chips $5 & Up
Applesauce $2 & Up
Cocoa Powder $2 & Up
Dairy-free Chocolate Chips $4 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $3 & Up
Brown Sugar $2 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.