How to Make Super Bowl® Beef Chili That Will Feed a Crowd! by Donna John
Expecting lots of hungry people on Super Bowl® Sunday? Richard Doucette, executive chef at Lighthouse Grill at Harbor View Hotel in Martha’s Vineyard, Mass., shares his beef chili recipe that will feed a crowd of hungry football fans!
- 28 ounces ground beef
- 4 Spanish onions, diced
- 1 head of celery, diced
- 8 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 bunches cilantro, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and diced
- 2 cups Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 bottle Cholula Hot Sauce
- 111 ounces can diced tomatoes
- 111 ounces ketchup
- 111 ounces canned red kidney beans, drained
- 111 ounces canned black beans, drained
- 12 ounces canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 cups ground ancho peppers
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 tablespoons whole cumin
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 4 tablespoons dried Mexican oregano
- 4 tablespoons smoked paprika
- kosher salt, to taste
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine all liquids and set aside.
- In a large pot on medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Strain off excess fat.
- Add all vegetables and cook until tender.
- Add all spices and toast until fragrant.
- Add beans and all liquids. Reduce heat to low. Cook slowly for 2 hours.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like: