Score At Your Super Bowl® Party: How to Make Play Maker Buffalo Chicken Dip! by Donna John
What happens when you turn buffalo chicken into a dip? Perfection! Joshua Johnston, sous chef at 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel in Clayton, N.Y., shares his simple recipe!
- 2 pounds chicken breast
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 pound shredded cheddar blend
- 8 ounces hot sauce or buffalo sauce
- 10 ounces extra chunky blue cheese dressing
- Garnish – diced tomato and scallions
Here’s how you make it:
- Place chicken in a medium to large saucepot and cover with water just enough to fully submerge the chicken. Bring to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes. When the chicken is done, it should pull apart very easily.
- While chicken is simmering, prepare the cheese. In a microwave-safe bowl, cube the cream cheese and toss with half of the shredded cheese. Cover the bowl and microwave for about a minute.
- Assemble the dip: In a large mixing bowl, shred the chicken, preferably with a set of forks. Fold in the melted cheese blend, hot sauce and blue cheese until fully blended. (NOTE: Dip can be prepared a day in advance up until this point and refrigerated.)
- Place dip in oven-safe dish and top with remaining shredded cheese. Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven towards the top of the oven to allow for better browning. Bake for 10 minutes, garnish and serve hot.