Hall of Fame Baked Beans Recipe: Easy Texas-Style Ground Beef Beans by Donna John
These incredible baked beans had me at "hello." Full of ground beef and in a sweet, flavorful sauce, you can't go wrong with this easy baked beans recipe. Warning: there is a lot of sugar in these beans. We save this recipe for Memoria Day, July 4th and Labor Day. These are our special occasion beans, though if they were healthier we'd eat them all the time. They are one of my most-requested recipes.
For these sweet, meaty beans you'll need ground beef, bacon, pork and beans, ranch-style beans, Worcestershire sauce, onion, light corn syrup, granulated sugar, brown sugar, ketchup and yellow mustard. The ground beef, bacon and onion are cooked in a skillet, then the remaining ingredients are stirred in. The beans bake in the oven for about one hour. I always put them directly from the oven into a slow cooker to keep them warm during the party.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound bacon, chopped (I use maple bacon)
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) pork and beans, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) ranch-style beans, drained
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
Here's how you make it:
- Cook bacon until almost crisp in a large pot.
- Add the ground beef and onion and continue to cook until meat is browned.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour the beans into a 13x9-inch baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F for about 1 hour, uncovered.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.