Third Place Winner! Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oatmeal No-bake Cookies (Recipe Requests Guaranteed)! by Casey Mclendon
The peanut butter and chocolate oatmeal no-bake cookies are a classic that we always go back to! We've made all kinds of cookies and treats to use as gifts in tins for family and friends, but it's always these drop cookies that everyone asks for.
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats (do not use the quick they won't turn out right)
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- large pinch of salt
Here’s how to make them:
- Lay a sheet of wax paper on your counter or use it to cover large cookie sheets.
- Bring the sugar, milk, butter and cocoa to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally, then let boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Add the oats, peanut butter, vanilla and salt. Stir quickly!
- Drop teaspoonfuls of the mixture onto the wax paper and let them sit about 30 minutes to harden and cool. Make sure to do this in a room temp or cooler room – if it's warmer they don't set up as well!
Who else makes these? We literally have people call and ask if we've made any yet!