Second Place Winner! Aunt J's Orange Ginger Carrots: A Vegetable Side Dish Loved By All! by Judy Thow
My grandchildren have already called me to check out what is on our Thanksgiving menu. They wanted to make sure I was fixing our "orange ginger carrots." This vegetable side dish is loved by all – young and old. One of our most precious aunts shared this recipe with our family. We have been enjoying it for more years than I can remember. I hope that once you try these delicious carrots you will be as hooked as we are!
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and cut
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger (McCormick)
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
Here's how to make them:
- Cook the carrots until tender. Set aside.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt and ginger in a saucepan.
- Add the orange juice and butter. Cook until slightly thickened.
- Add to your carrots.
- Garnish with a little parsley.