Chef's Sweet & Spicy Maple Bourbon Barbecue Sauce Recipe Makes the Best BBQ Beef, Chicken & Ribs by Chef Gigi
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: Makes about 3 cups
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 - 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 - 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 - 3 tablespoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- pinch kosher salt
Here’s how you make it:
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add all ingredients. Whisk well to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and warm all the ingredients through.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.