When Chai Meets Chocolate: How to Make Non-Dairy Hot Chocolate Chai! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
9 months ago
Ahhhhh, comforting! A nice warm cup of drinking chocolate with chai spice! Perfection!
- 2 cups organic, vanilla almond milk, sweetened
- 2 tablespoons Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon homemade chai spice (get recipe here)
Here’s how you make it:
- Place all ingredients in a medium-sized sauce pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and whisk until spices and cocoa powder have dissolved.
- Reduce heat and let simmer for 3-5 minutes until flavors have combined. Serve hot!
Has a mahogany red color with a rich, full flavor - a classic European-style unsweetened cocoa powder.
Super-dark Dutch-process cocoa. Use sparingly for an intense, dark color and unsweetened-chocolate highlights.