Moist Applesauce Cake Recipe With Caramel Icing Is a Hall of Famer by Judy Thow
Any leftover caramel icing is great spread on graham crackers or used as a dip for fresh apples. This is sure to become a family favorite.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened applesauce, heated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Here’s how to make it:
- Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt cake pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir oil and sugar together thoroughly. Add to the flour mixture and blend.
- Stir in hot applesauce.
- Mix in raisins and nuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 55 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Frost cake when thoroughly cooled.
- To make caramel icing, melt butter in a pan and add brown sugar. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Add milk and beat well. Return to full boil. Cool to lukewarm and add in powdered sugar.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.