Moist Applesauce Cake Recipe With Caramel Icing Is a Hall of Famer by Judy Thow
Moist and delicious, this applesauce cake recipe is sure to become a fall family favorite. The cake is moist and full of apple goodness. The sweet caramel icing takes it to hall of fame status.
Any leftover caramel icing is great spread on graham crackers or used as a dip for fresh apples. This is sure to become a family favorite.
Note: we may occasionally reference products based on a contributor’s personal opinion. But 30Seconds is not affiliated or in no way endorses or makes any warranties about specific products. However, 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 cups unsweetened applesauce, heated
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Here’s how to make it:
- Grease and flour a 9-inch bundt cake pan.
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Stir oil and sugar together thoroughly. Add to the flour mixture and blend.
- Stir in hot applesauce.
- Mix in raisins and nuts. Pour into pan.
- Bake in a preheated 325-degree F oven for 55 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack. Frost cake when thoroughly cooled.
- To make caramel icing, melt butter in a pan and add brown sugar. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, about 2 minutes. Add milk and beat well. Return to full boil. Cool to lukewarm and add in powdered sugar.
Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bundt Pans $9 & Up
Flour $3 & Up
Flour Sifters $6 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $2 & Up
Cocoa Powder $3 & Up
Vegetable Oil $3 & Up
White Sugar $3 & Up
Applesauce $3 & Up
Raisins $3 & Up
Walnuts $5 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Powdered Sugar $2 & Up
Salt $1 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.