Crunchy Smashed Potatoes Recipe: This Easy Potato Recipe Is Everything You Want in a Side Dish by Donna John
Vegetables Side Dishes
a year ago
Add to collection
Boiled. Smashed. Baked. These potatoes go through it all. The result? Delicious. This easy potato recipe goes well with that holiday ham or prime rib.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- small Yukon Gold or red potatoes
- olive oil
- herbs (rosemary, thyme, herbs de provence, parsley, etc.)
Here's how to make them:
- Wash the potatoes and add them to a pot of boiling water. Cook until tender, about 12-15 minutes, depending on their size.
- Drizzle a cookie sheet with olive oil. Place the potatoes on the cookie sheet leaving some room in between. With a round drinking glass, gently push each potato to smash it. Push gently! You want to smash them but still have the potato as one piece.
- Season the potatoes with salt and pepper. Sprinkle on your favorite herb(s). (My favorite is fresh chopped rosemary.)
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil. Be generous, this helps them crisp up.
- Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until they get brown and crispy, about 15 minutes.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Herbes de Provence $4 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Dried Rosemary $3 & Up
Dried Thyme $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.