Moist Cinnamon Sock-It-to-Me Cake Recipe Will Knock Your Socks Off by Donna John
Not sure how this cinnamon cake recipe got its name, but it's been a family favorite for years. Loaded with cinnamon, pecans and coconut, this sock-it-to-me cake recipe is sure to please.
This easy cake recipe is made in a bundt pan. If you don't have one, now may be the time to buy one! You can make so many delicious cakes in it.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 10 minutes
Servings: Makes 1 cake
- 1 box butter yellow cake mix
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 container (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
Here's how you make it:
- For cinnamon-sugar filling, combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- For the cake, combine the cake mix, sugar, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, sour cream, coconut and pecans. Mix well.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture into the bottom of a well-greased bundt pan. Tilt the pan around to coat the entire pan. Pour in half the batter. Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar over the top. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree F oven for about 1 hour. Sprinkle additional pecans on top after unmolding, if desired.
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Bundt Pans $10 & Up
Yellow Cake Mixes $1 & Up
Ground Cinnamon $3 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Vanilla Extract $4 & Up
Flaked Coconut $2 & Up
Pecans $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.