Vegetable Tots Recipe: Kids Will Eat Up This Easy Broccoli Cheese Tots Recipe by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Our 30Seconds Resident Chef
First came mashed potato bombs, and now meet broccoli cheese tots. My kids love 'em.
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 to 30 minutes to chill
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups steamed broccoli, crowns only
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, leaves only
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs, Italian seasoned breadcrumbs or gluten-free breadcrumbs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
Here’s how you make them:
- In a food processor, combine the broccoli, onion, parsley and garlic. Pulse the broccoli mixture very fine.
- In a bowl or gallon-sized food storage bag add the processed broccoli mixture with all of the remaining ingredients. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well with a gloved or slightly wet hands to combine like you would making a meatloaf or meatballs.
- Scoop mixture into the palm of your slightly wet hand. Roll the mixture into a ball. Once a ball has formed, begin pressing down on the top and bottom of the ball with your thumbs while pressing in on the sides with your other hand, rotating into a cylinder-like “tot” shape. Semi-freeze for 20 to 30 minutes to hold shape prior to oven time. You can also leave them in round ball shape and flatten out into discs.
- Place onto a baking sheet that’s been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Spray the tops of the tots with an additional bit of canola oil spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. Turn the tots and bake an additional 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown and warmed through.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Food Processors $25 & Up
Baking Sheets $9 & Up
Panko Breadcrumbs $3 & Up
Italian Breadcrumbs $2 & Up
Gluten-free Breadcrumbs $3 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Ground Cayenne $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.