How to Make Fun Mummy Cheese Crackers (Halloween Healthy)! by Donna John
Who says everything has to be sweet on Halloween? Turn just a few ingredients into fun mummy cheese crackers everyone will enjoy!
- oblong-shaped crackers
- white cheese (mozzarella and Monterey Jack work well)
- black olives
- sundried tomatoes (optional)
Here’s how you make them:
- Cut thin strips of the cheeses long enough to touch side to side on your cracker. Make various lengths so you can make a “mummy” pattern.
- Cut circles of the cheese out for the eyes.
- Cut the black olives into very tiny pieces for the eyes.
- If using, cut tiny strips from a sundried tomato.
- To assemble, lay your crackers on a serving platter. Arrange the cheese strips on each cracker to form a mummy. Add the circles and top with a piece of black olive for the eyes. Randomly scatter tiny strips of the sundried tomato, if using, to create a “bloody” mummy.
Variation: Use whipped cream cheese instead of hard cheese. Put it into a cake decorating bag and pipe it on to form a mummy. Pipe circles for the eyes and top with a piece of black olive. You could also use sundried tomato pesto to create "blood" and add more flavor.