Ultimate Chicken Salad Recipe: This Zesty Chicken Salad Recipe Makes the Best Sandwich or Salad Topper by Jennifer Young
Add to collection
There's just something about chicken salad that satisfies. Whether you serve it in a sandwich or on top of a vegetable salad, it makes a perfect lunch or dinner. This easy chicken salad recipe includes ranch, Dijon and hot sauce to really kick the flavor up a notch. Your taste buds won't know what hit them!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1 to 2
- 1 cup pulled or diced chicken breast, cooked (rotisserie chicken works well for this)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons light mayo
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 diced avocado (or any other veggies you like)
Here's how you make it:
- Mix chicken, onion, celery, mayo, ranch dressing, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix salad greens, veggies and avocado.
- Put the chicken salad over greens, or onto the bread of your choice.
- If making a salad, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.