Ultimate Chicken Salad Recipe: This Zesty Chicken Salad Recipe Makes the Best Sandwich or Salad Topper by Jennifer Young
There's just something about chicken salad that satisfies. Whether you serve it in a sandwich or on top of a vegetable salad, it makes a perfect lunch or dinner. This easy chicken salad recipe includes ranch, Dijon and hot sauce to really kick the flavor up a notch. Your taste buds won't know what hit them!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 1 to 2
- 1 cup pulled or diced chicken breast, cooked (rotisserie chicken works well for this)
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 teaspoons light mayo
- 2 teaspoons ranch dressing
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the Salad
- 1 cup baby kale
- 1 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup cucumber
- 1/2 diced avocado (or any other veggies you like)
Here's how you make it:
- Mix chicken, onion, celery, mayo, ranch dressing, Dijon mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- Mix salad greens, veggies and avocado.
- Put the chicken salad over greens, or onto the bread of your choice.
- If making a salad, drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil on top.