Tacos for Breakfast? Yep! How to Make Chorizo Scrambled Egg Tacos! by Donna John
Can’t get enough tacos in your day? George Duran’s Chorizo Scrambled Egg Tacos are for those who need their tacos for breakfast!
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chorizo links (about 7 ounces)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 cup cilantro, divided
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar
- 10 -12 corn flour tortillas
- Chipotle Tabasco (suggestion for topping)
Here’s how you make them:
- Mix sour cream, lime juice and salt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Char tortillas over gas flame or directly on electric burner until blackened in spots, turning with tongs. Place in IMUSA tortilla warmer or aluminum foil and set aside.
- In an IMUSA nonstick sauté pan add olive oil and bring to medium-high heat. Sweat onions for about 1 minute.
- Add diced chorizo. Cook for 5-6 minutes until chorizo is browned.
- Add half of the cilantro and all of the cooked chorizo to beaten eggs and mix. Bring eggs back to the pan and cook on low heat, mixing from time to time.
- Place cooked eggs, cheddar cheese, diced tomatoes and remaining cilantro in separate bowls. Lay them out throughout the table with the warm tortillas.
Allow your guests to assemble their own breakfast tacos!
Bring out the chef inside you with the IMUSA Induction saute pans! The 3.5-inch gauge makes them more durable and allows better heat distribution for your everyday cooking needs. The nonstick surface lets you embrace a healthier approach to cooking, requiring minimal oil or butter and makes cleanup a breeze!.
Keeps tortillas warm for up to one hour!