Taco Tuesday: How to Make Polenta-Crusted Fish Tacos With Spicy Mango Slaw! by Donna John
Instead of going out for Taco Night, why not make your own polenta-crusted fish tacos with spicy mango slaw? The recipe is by George Duran for IMUSA!
- 2 - 3 pieces tilapia
- 3/4 cup polenta (or fine cornmeal)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- olive oil
- cilantro and sliced radishes, for garnish
- 4 - 6 corn tortillas
Spicy Mango Slaw
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon chipotle hot sauce, like Tabasco
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup cabbage
- 1 mango, ripened but hard
Here’s how you make them:
- Make slaw by mixing the first five ingredients until smooth and then mixing it with the cabbage and mango. Set aside.
- Mix paprika and polenta together in a shallow bowl.
- Season tilapia strips with salt and press into polenta, making sure it's completely covered. Discard excess polenta.
- Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil in your IMUSA nonstick sauté pan and once it begins to smoke, add the tilapia. Fry the tilapia in batches, about 2-3 minutes per side, until slightly browned and fully cooked. Remove onto a paper-towel lined dish.
- Heat corn tortillas in the IMUSA tortilla warmer.
- Assemble by placing some slaw in the center of the tortilla and one or two slices of tilapia on top. Top with cilantro leaves and radish.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.