Hibachi Fried Rice Recipe: This Chef Cracked the Code for Hibachi-Style Rice at Home by Chef Gigi Gaggero, 30Seconds.com Resident Chef
Love that rice you get at hibachi restaurants? Now you can make it at home with this easy hibachi-style fried rice recipe.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6 to 8
- 4 cups cooked brown rice or white rice
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 onion large, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and rough chopped
- 2 cloves whole garlic, mashed
- 2 cloves garlic, whole
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 -1 teaspoon onion powder
- toasted sesame seeds
- 4 scallions, cut in 1/4- to1/2-inch diagonal cuts
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 - 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
Here’s how you make it:
- Combine the 2 cloves of mashed garlic and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt to the softened butter. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the carrot, onion and whole garlic to just under split pea size. Set aside.
- Place the butter into a large skillet or wok. Add the carrot, garlic and onion mixture. Sauté until onions are translucent and carrots begin to brown and caramelize.
- Beat eggs in a bowl. Season with the remaining garlic salt, onion powder, salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Add the cooked white or brown rice to the pan. Sauté to combine the carrot-onion mixture and until rice releases steam and begins to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add the eggs and cook through. Toss to combine everything.
- Add soy sauce, to taste. Add scallions and toss about 2 minutes. Add toasted sesame seeds. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, if needed.
Note: You could add some cooked, shredded chicken for chicken fried rice.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Brown Rice $3 & Up
White Rice $3 & Up
Garlic Salt $3 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
Sesame Seeds $4 & Up
Low-Sodium Soy Sauce $4 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.