DIY Caramel Apple Bar: A Fun Fall Dessert for Kids & Adults! by Christine Jones
Get creative with those apples! We set up a make-your-own-caramel-apple-bar for my son's play date and the kids loved it. It was not hard. I repeat: not hard! Very easy, in fact!!
Here's how to do it:
- Slice up different color apples. We used a combination of Honeycrisp and Granny Smith apples.
- I inserted candy sticks that I bought from a craft store into each apple section (my son loves to eat food on a stick).
- Melt store-bought caramel sauce in the microwave in 10 second increments until it's soft and gooey.
- Put out a variety of your kids' favorite toppings in a muffin tin (so there's only one pan for cleanup). We used mini M&Ms, fall sprinkles, chopped nuts, mini chocolate chips, crushed Oreo cookies and mini marshmallows.
- Let kids (and adults!) dip their apple slices into the caramel and then into their favorite toppings.
My daughter thought it would be more fun to make a caramel apple sundae, so she ditched the sticks, piled her apples in a bowl and loaded up the toppings!
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Muffin Tins $7 & Up
Lollipop Sticks $3 & Up
Apple Slicers $6 & Up
Caramel Sauces $2 & Up
Chocolate Sauces $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.