Stinky Cheese & Honey Is a Foodie's Match Made in Heaven (Really)! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Gorgonzola and honey really are a match made in heaven. And the best way to indulge is with a delicious, chilled crisp glass of Sauvignon Blanc. Or two!
- 1 sweet baguette, cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 16 ounces crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- organic local honey
Here’s how you make it:
- Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake in a preheated 400-degree F oven until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle Gorgonzola crumbles on the toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes. Or not! I prefer my cheese not melted. So, now you have options.
- Drizzle the tops of cheese with honey. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.
Chef Hack: Occasionally, when I don't have time to turn the oven on or it’s full, I just pop several into my toaster. It's fast and works just as well!