Best Balsamic Vinegar Reduction Recipe & 10 Mouth-Watering Ways to Use It by Chef Gigi
A delicious balsamic vinegar reduction is actually very easy to make! Just remember to measure at least 4 cups of balsamic vinegar. For a nice rich glaze, any amount of balsamic vinegar should be reduced down to one-fourth of what you begin with.
I'm sharing my recipe for the best balsamic vinegar reduction, along with 10 mouth-watering ways to use it. It's great for grilling, salads, appetizers and even desserts. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 to 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 to 25 minutes
Servings: 8 to 10, depending on how you use it
- at least 4 cups balsamic vinegar
Here’s how to make it:
- In a high-sided quart sauce pan, bring the vinegar to a simmer.
- Stir until it thickens up to coat the back of a spoon. Once it starts to thicken, don't walk away – it has a high sugar content and can burn very quickly!
- Remove just before desired consistency.
Here are 10 mouth-watering ways to use it:
- Use as a finish glaze on warm grilled meats (such as the lamb chops in the main image).
- Drizzle over sweet fresh strawberries.
- It loves vanilla ice cream.
- Use as a final garnish right on the plate.
- Combine with olive oil for dipping bread.
- Use to dress warm roasted potatoes.
- It’s great paired with soft cheeses.
- Top your bruschetta with it.
- Great with Gorgonzola and honey, or Brie and pears.
- Succulent on grilled summer fruits like peaches or nectarines (such as in the photo below).
Need help converting cooking and baking measurements? Here are some handy kitchen conversion charts.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Balsamic Vinegar $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.