Chef's Easy Zucchini Fritters Recipe With Refreshing Lemon Yogurt Dipping Sauce by Chef Gigi
Love zucchini? Me, too. Not only does it taste great, but there are also so many ways to use it. And while zucchini is mostly treated as a vegetable when used in side dishes, appetizers and snacks, zucchini is technically a fruit (along with other types of squash).
You can make so many different dishes with this tasty squash. From casseroles, stuffed zucchini, zucchini pasta and fritters, to salads, tasty breakfast dishes and even breads and desserts!
These easy zucchini fritters make a quick side dish or a fun appetizer. Enjoy the "fruits" of your kitchen labor with this delicious zucchini recipe!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oregano
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- coconut oil, for frying
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest, to taste
- chopped chives or minced cucumbers or both
Here’s how you make them:
- Grate the zucchini. Place the grated zucchini in a strainer and set it in the sink. Toss the zucchini with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Let it sit 10 minutes, then wring dry in a clean towel to remove moisture.
- In a mixing bowl, mix all ingredients except the oil. Slowly add flour and stir to make batter. Add zucchini last.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan on medium-high heat. Cook in batches by dropping spoonfuls into the hot oil. Cook 2 to 3 minutes each side. Drain on paper towels.
- Make the sauce by combining all the ingredients. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve the fritters with the dipping sauce.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Graters $6 & Up
Gluten-free Flour $4 & Up
All-Purpose Flour $3 & Up
Onion Powder $3 & Up
White Pepper $4 & Up
Coconut Oil $6 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.