Easy Homemade Ketchup Recipe: Stop Buying the Bottles & Make Your Own Ketchup at Home by Chef Gigi
Love ketchup? Me, too! But it's time to stop buying that bottled stuff and try my homemade ketchup recipe at home.
This homemade ketchup recipe is fast, fun and delicious, and it makes an amazing dipping sauce or condiment for your favorite appetizers, side dishes or dinners. Once you try it, I'll bet you'll never want to go back to the bottles!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) unsalted organic diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
Here’s how to make it:
- In a food processor, add all the ingredients except the olive oil, cornstarch and water. Process to a liquid.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil to the pan. Add the tomato mixture. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced to 2 cups, about 10 minutes.
- Place the cornstarch in a small bowl and add the 2 teaspoons of water. Stir until smooth. Add cornstarch mixture to pan and cook 1 minute or until mixture thickens, stirring constantly.
- Cool. Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks.
Note: 30Seconds is a participant in the Amazon affiliate advertising program and this post contains affiliate links, which means we may earn a commission or fees if you make a purchase via those links.
Recipe cooking times and servings are approximate. Need to convert cooking and baking measurements? Here are some kitchen conversion charts. Here's how to submit your recipes to 30Seconds.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community, and follow us on Facebook to get recipes in your newsfeed daily.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Squeeze Bottles $4 & Up
Red Wine Vinegar $2 & Up
Brown Sugar $3 & Up
Ground Cumin $2 & Up
Allspice $3 & Up
Organic Diced Tomatoes $2 & Up
Olive Oil $4 & Up
Cornstarch $2 & Up
Food Processors $25 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Good idea to freeze some!