Quick Korean Recipes: How to Make Savory Korean Pancakes in Less Than 30 Minutes! by Chef Gigi Gaggero
Korean pancakes (pajeon) are crispy on the outside, soft and moist in the middle. Any vegetable can be used. Cut up a salad and you've got a quick family meal.
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 cup cold club soda
- 6 - 8 scallions, cut lengthwise
- 1 fresh spicy long red chili, thinly sliced
- 12 thin green beans, sliced lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
Here’s how to make them!
- In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, egg, club soda, salt and sesame oil together. Mix well and set aside.
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the green beans and stir fry about 3 minutes. Add the scallions and cook until crispy. Stir in the red chili.
- Pour the egg/flour batter over and cook until brown. Invert on a plate. Return it to the pan and cook the other side until brown.
Serve with a sesame soy sauce.