Quinoa: 6 Things You Need to Know About This Mysterious Ingredient! by Chef Gigi Gaggero, Host of KSCU 103.3 FM LIVE Food Talk Radio S.F. Bay Area
Quinoa (pronounced KEEN-wah) has risen to superstar food fame the last few seasons! It’s a gluten-free, high-protein, high-fiber, quick-cooking whole grain with a nutty flavor. For me the texture of the little grains drives me crazy, but my kids love it! Here are some answers to quinoa FAQs:
- 1 cup quinoa will cook in about 20 minutes.
- 1 cup dry quinoa yields about 3 cups cooked quinoa.
- To cook 1 cup quinoa, you need about 2 cups liquid.
- Quinoa is really excellent when cooked in vegetable or chicken broth.
- Add about 1/4 teaspoon salt to each cup of dried quinoa when cooking.
- You can add other spices and aromatics when cooking quinoa.
Try it tonight - you can’t go wrong with quinoa!
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.