St. Patrick's Day Rice Krispies Treats (They'll Charm Your Kids)! by Christine Jones
Surprise your kids with this twist on an old favorite. There are lots of recipes for Lucky Charms treats, but I'm partial to traditional Rice Krispies treats – then we just steal some marshmallows from our Lucky Charms cereal.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package marshmallows
- green food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- marshmallows from Lucky Charms cereal
Here's how to make them:
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until completely melted.
- Add the food coloring until you have the desired color. Remove from heat.
- Add the Rice Krispies cereal and Lucky Charms marshmallows. Stir until coated.
- Using a buttered spoon, press the mixture into a 13x9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
Hope these sweet treats bring your family luck!