6-Ingredient Peanut Brittle Recipe: You'll Go Nuts Over This Easy Microwave Peanut Brittle Recipe by Donna John
If you've got 10 minutes and six simple ingredients, you can have a batch of crunchy, buttery peanut brittle ready for your snacking pleasure. Almonds, cashews or pecans could be substituted for the peanuts in this easy brittle recipe.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 8 to 9 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 cups peanuts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Here's how to make it:
- Spray a baking sheet and a wooden spoon with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix sugar and corn syrup in a microwavable bowl and cook on high for 5 minutes.
- Stir in peanuts and butter. Cook on high until it becomes a caramel color, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add baking soda and vanilla. Stir until smooth and foam has disappeared.
- Spread onto baking sheet. Cool and break into pieces.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Baking Sheets $8 & Up
Granulated Sugar $3 & Up
Light Corn Syrup $3 & Up
Peanuts $3 & Up
Baking Soda $1 & Up
Vanilla $4 & Up
Wooden Spoons $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.