Family Meetings: 5 Ways They Can Unfrazzle Family Life & Make More Time for What Matters by DoingGoodTogether
Research continues to place family meetings at the very center of a well-communicating family. Here are five ways family meetings will make a difference for your family:
- First, you'll free up measurable time by eliminating items from your calendar that aren't working for you.
- Second, you'll communicate your core values to your children. These meetings are an opportunity to explain why we've said no to an exciting new hobby or event, and they remind us what we are saying yes to and why.
- Third, you'll strengthen your whole family's sense of empathy and responsibility for one another, by taking the time to ask and really listen to the goals, fears and joys of one another.
- Fourth, you'll teach responsibility by setting high expectations for contributions to chores and meal preparation.
- Finally, you'll feel less busy, even with a full calendar. When what remains has been chosen, intentionally and with the big picture in mind, you no longer begrudge the next thing on your to-do list.
Obviously, these meetings aren't magical. You won't be significantly less busy. But life just might have fewer white caps and more still waters than it did before.
Discover more tips and a free printable for your family meeting at DoingGoodTogether.org.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Books About Family Meetings $3 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.