U.S. State Department Travel Warnings: Level 4 Travel Health Notice Issued for United Kingdom Travel Over COVID-19 & Terrorism Concerns by 30Seconds Travel
The U.S. State Department has warned Americans not to travel to the U.K. due to the rise in COVID cases, recent lifted COVID restrictions and terrorism concerns. Here is the warning released on July 20, 2021, and more information if you are considering traveling to the United Kingdom:
Do not travel to the United Kingdom due to COVID-19. Exercise increased caution due to terrorism.
Read the Department of State’s COVID-19 page before you plan any international travel.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 4 Travel Health Notice for the United Kingdom due to COVID-19, indicating a very high level of COVID-19 in the country. There are restrictions in place affecting U.S. citizen entry into the United Kingdom. Your risk of contracting COVID-19 and developing severe symptoms may be lower if you are fully vaccinated with an FDA authorized vaccine. Before planning any international travel, please review the CDC’s specific recommendations for fully vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers.
Visit the Embassy's COVID-19 page for more information on COVID-19 related restrictions and conditions in the United Kingdom.
Country Summary: Terrorist groups continue plotting possible attacks in the United Kingdom. Terrorists may attack with little or no warning, targeting tourist locations, transportation hubs, markets/shopping malls, local government facilities, hotels, clubs, restaurants, places of worship, parks, major sporting and cultural events, educational institutions, airports and other public areas.
There is also a risk of isolated violence by dissident groups in Northern Ireland, focused primarily on police and military targets.
Read the country information page.
If you decide to travel to the United Kingdom:
- See the U.S. Embassy's web page regarding COVID-19.
- Visit the CDC’s webpage on Travel and COVID-19.
- Be aware of your surroundings when traveling to tourist locations and crowded public venues.
- Follow the instructions of local authorities.
- Monitor local media for breaking events and adjust your plans based on new information.
- Enroll in the Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive Alerts and make it easier to locate you in an emergency.
- Follow the Department of State on Facebook and Twitter.
- Review the Crime and Safety Report for the United Kingdom.
- Prepare a contingency plan for emergency situations. Review the Traveler’s Checklist.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.