Vacation Rentals: 8 Safety Measures to Look for in Your Vacation Rental From the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) by 30Seconds Travel
Summer vacation plans changed for many Americans this year due to coronavirus (COVID-19), and as a result, many vacationers are opting to rent properties with features such as kitchens that allow for social distancing rather than staying in hotels or motels. Additionally, online marketplaces that connect travelers with people who want to rent out their properties have become a popular alternative to hotels and motels.
While fun and relaxation are still paramount, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is reminding families to also take safety with you on vacation this summer by following these tips:
- Before you book, ask if the property has smoke and carbon monoxide alarms. There should be a smoke alarm on each level, outside sleeping areas and inside each bedroom. There should be a carbon monoxide alarm on every level of the home as well.
- Inquire about a fire extinguisher.
- Check to ensure furniture and TVs are anchored to the walls.
- Make sure cribs meet federal standards.
- Ensure cleaning products are locked or out of the reach of children.
- Check for dangling window covering cords.
- Be aware of the deadly gap between interior and exterior doors of home elevators and do not allow children to play in or near the elevator.
- If the property has a pool or spa, check to make sure the drain covers meet federal standards. Ensure the pool or spa is enclosed by a fence and never leave children unattended near a pool or spa.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.