Stay Safe Guest Checklist: Hotel Industry Releases Top 5 Requirements to Travel Safely During the Coronavirus Pandemic by 30Seconds Travel
The American Hotel & Lodging Association (AHLA) released the Safe Stay Guest Checklist for guests on how to travel safely while also creating a standardized safety experience nationwide. This checklist is part of AHLA’s Safe Stay guidelines, an industry-wide, enhanced set of health and safety protocols designed to provide a safe and clean environment for all hotel guests and employees.
The Safe Stay Guest Checklist includes:
- Require face coverings in all indoor public spaces and practice social distancing in all common areas.
- Choose contactless options, where available, including online reservations, check-ins and payments.
- Consider daily room cleaning, only if necessary. Ask the hotel about your options.
- Request contactless room service delivery.
- Refrain from traveling if you have, or recently had, any symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) or contact with anyone diagnosed with COVID-19.
“The top priority for the hotel industry is the health and safety of guests and employees. Utilizing these best practices, including requiring face coverings and practicing social distancing in public spaces, will create an even safer environment for all our guests and employees,” said Chip Rogers, President and CEO of AHLA. “As an industry, we want every guest to experience a clean and safe hotel no matter where they stay. We applaud governors who have standardized the use of face coverings in all indoor public spaces and we urge all lawmakers to help make this a national standard by implementing this requirement in their states. These preventative measures make it safer and easier for Americans to travel while also supporting hotel and tourism employees.”
The statements below are from AHLA member companies:
- “Hilton is united with the hospitality industry in prioritizing the health and safety of our guests and employees. We are supportive of the industry adopting consistent guidelines and practices that adhere to public health guidelines, including the wearing of face coverings indoors and in public areas. As part of our Hilton CleanStay program developed in partnership with Lysol and the Mayo Clinic, all Hilton Team Members are required to wear face coverings in an effort to protect all who enter our more than 6,100 properties worldwide," said Chris Nassetta, President and CEO of Hilton.
- “At Hyatt, we require face coverings for hotel guests across the U.S. and Canada in order to care for the health and safety of our guests and colleagues. To help enable safe travel amidst the ongoing challenges of COVID-19, we need to come together as an industry and promote clear guidelines, which for the foreseeable future include the wearing of face coverings in indoor public spaces and practicing social distancing," said Mark Hoplamazian, President & Chief Executive Officer of Hyatt.
- “It is critical we take action to protect the health and safety of guests and colleagues to build confidence in travel as the industry begins to recover. IHG fully supports the AHLA Safe Stay program, which complements the protocols in our own IHG Way of Clean, and the new Covid-19 best practices implemented in all of our hotels in partnership with the Cleveland Clinic. Requiring face coverings in all indoor public spaces across our industry will help create an even safer environment for all travelers and frontline hotel colleagues," said Elie Maalouf, CEO, Americas of IHG.
- “The travel and tourism industry is rooted in partnerships. As an industry we need to work and align together and AHLA’s Safe Stay Guidelines is an opportunity to do just that. As hotel operators and owners, we have a role and responsibility to provide a welcoming, safe and comfortable environment for team members, guests and our communities, and now more than ever we need to ensure we are exceeding expectations in this area," said Jonathan Tisch, Chairman and CEO of Loews Hotels & Co.
- “The health and safety of associates and guests has always been a top priority at Marriott. Part of our Commitment to Clean is that we’re redefining our cleaning and safety standards to align with evolving expert protocols as we all work together to manage the spread of COVID-19. Health guidance is clear on wearing masks and it is a simple step everyone can take when in public spaces of hotels to protect themselves, each other and associates. We’re pleased to join with the industry to create consistency and collectively support our communities so we all can travel more safely," said Arne Sorenson, CEO, Marriott International.
- “One of Radisson Hotel Group’s highest priorities is the continued health, safety and security of our guests, team members and partners. One of the easiest ways to help slow the transmission of COVID-19 is by wearing a face covering, especially indoors. It’s going to take all of us working together, which is why we stand alongside AHLA in asking our government leaders to help make this national standard by implementing this requirement in their states," said Jim Alderman, Chief Executive Officer, Americas, Radisson Hotel Group.
- “We all must play a role in slowing the spread of COVID-19, and encouraging the adoption of these guidelines is an important and meaningful step for us to take together. This easy-to-follow checklist can help protect our guests, team members and franchisees, as well as the countless communities in which we operate," said Geoff Ballotti, President and CEO of Wyndham Hotels & Resorts.
To further expand the hotel industry’s Safe Stay initiative, AHLA also recently launched COVID-19 Precautions for Hotels, an online course developed in partnership with the American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute (AHLEI) to help hotels train their staffs on the enhanced safety and cleanliness guidelines.
The content on 30Seconds.com is for informational and entertainment purposes only, and should not be considered medical advice. The information on this site should not be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, and is not a substitute for professional care. Always consult your personal healthcare provider. The opinions or views expressed on 30Seconds.com do not necessarily represent those of 30Seconds or any of its employees, corporate partners or affiliates.
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Hotels.com Gift Card $50 - $100
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.