Travel Like a Local: 9 Ways to Enrich Your Vacation By Experiencing Things Like a Local by Sheri B Doyle
4 years ago
Add to collection
Stepping out of the tourist traps and seeing a destination from a local perspective helps enrich our experiences. These are some of the things I do to make the most of my vacation destination:
- Eat at the local's favorite restaurants.
- Hop on a bus or train to get around.
- Ask locals to recommend their favorite destinations or activities.
- Use a paper map and walk the long way to your destination.
- Hire a driver for a day or two and ask them to take you to the best local destinations.
- Have a picnic in a park.
- Take time to people watch or strike up conversations with locals.
- Find a local tour guide or experience through Airbnb.
- Use Like A Local site and app to connect with locals for recommendations or even a meetup.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.