Yom HaShoah: 10 Ways to Commemorate Holocaust Remembrance Day With Your Family by Donna John
Yom HaShoah, also known as Holocaust Remembrance Day or Holocaust Day, is observed to commemorate the over six million Jews who died in the Holocaust. Here are some ways you can honor, teach and learn about this time in our history:
- Attend a service at a congregation or Jewish community center.
- Light a yellow memorial candle.
- Read a book about the holocaust.
- Read a book to your kids about the holocaust.
- Watch a movie about the holocaust.
- Watch this video of Holocaust survivor Eva Mozes Kor.
- Have a discussion as a family about the holocaust.
- Visit a holocaust memorial museum.
- Make a traditional Jewish recipe. (Try this challah bread recipe or sufganiyot recipe.)
- Read names of Holocaust victims. Here's a list of 5000 victims of the Holocaust.
How do you commemorate the holocaust with your family?
Take 30 seconds and join the 30Seconds community. Inspire and be inspired.
Related Products on Amazon We Think You May Like:
Books About the Holocaust $4 & Up
Movies About Holocaust $2 & Up
Jewish Cookbooks $5 & Up
Yellow Memorial Candles $5 & Up
30Second Mobile, Inc. is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.